Are my personal details safe?
Yes, and here’s why:
- Making sure you’re contactable without revealing any personal details the whole point of WhosMyOwner.
- When you register, we only request the basic information needed for WhosMyOwner to work.
- If you order physical items from us, we use your postal address only to deliver your items.
- We never sell or share customer details.
- We store your notification details (email and optionally mobile number) in our secure database, protected by your password.
- We do not store information we don’t need, such as your credit card details; these are processed only by PayPal.
- When someone finds your lost property, they know nothing about you except your WhosMyOwner tag code.
- Knowing your WhosMyOwner tag only allows someone to leave a message for you, not learn more about you.
Your details are locked away in a secure data centre operated by one of the biggest hosting providers in the industry. It’s protected by industry-standard security measures, and backed up every day. Only WhosMyOwner has access to your data, and only enough access to run the application.
We hope that explains how we handle your information and why it’s safe. Any questions, just ask!